- “History Will Remember“
- — Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 Story Trailer
- Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 (referred simply to as The Division 2) is a tactical shooter action role-playing video game developed by Massive Entertainment as a sequel to Tom Clancy’s The Division. An eight-player raid and three free story-driven upcoming DLCs were announced during the E3 2018 reveal.
The events of Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 take place in the summer of Washington D.C., 7 months after the events of the Dollar Flu, which took place in the winter in New York City. The virus has now spread to Washington D.C. During the initial phase of the crisis, important personnel such as POTUS, Secretary of Defense, Joint Chiefs of Staff and other important politicians were being evacuated. The chaos of the virus began with attacks on the Pentagon, The National Mall and other landmarks. Riots followed the day after and the security forces were hit, forcing them to evacuate the capital. The dense heatwave added to more problems. The supply lines were cutoff; after a few days survivors developed communities and many of them were armed, while the criminals have developed their own factions and raid these communities for supply and control. Factions like the True Sons, a group of paramilitary warlords bent on dominating their enemies and expanding their territory around Washington D.C. These militants are led by a former JTF officer Antwon Ridgeway who, along with those that follow him, are a force to be reckoned with. Because of this, Directive 51 has been activated in Washington D.C. and thus activates a unit of Division agents who launch a joint operation with the Civilian Militia in Washington D.C. in order to recapture the capital.
Washington D.C. has been recreated to be as authentic as possible complete with well-known landmarks and buildings. Despite possible controversy, Ubisoft has stated that the choice of location was not one of politics despite the fact the chosen location is the nation’s capital.  Combat will be similar to the original game, with a few new features which includes new skills and new weapons. Players who help the citizens in D.C. may find some willing to take up arms and join the battle (part of the Settlements feature).
- Specializations – End game content that allows players to continue character and weapon progression with elite weapons and skill trees. At level 30, players will be able to unlock Survivalist, Demolitionist, or Sharpshooter.
- Free content updates for the first year (every three months after launch) including new modes, new story missions and new areas to explore.
- Settlements – Groups of civilian survivors that offer upgrades, missions and projects
- New gear that will include collectible aesthetic sets to help create unique looks for the player’s character.
- New Co-op Activities
- Armor – Agents now have armor that will have to be depleted before they are able to take damage to their health.
- Photo Mode – Photo Mode will be available at launch. Several players requested that there had to be a Photo Mode option in The Division 2.
New Progression Classes
- Survivalist – Control surroundings by using traps and status effects. Their signature weapon is a precision crossbow.
- Demolitionist – Agent of chaos, focusing on disrupting enemy plans and entrenched position. Their signature weapon is the grenade launcher.
- Sharpshooter – Long-range tactical enemy eliminator. Their signature weapon is the sniper rifle.
- Assault Drone – An unmanned device that can be controlled remotely and sent to unleash a special brand of hell on unwitting enemies.
- Chem Launcher – Shoots various chemicals that disperse upon impact. Its effects vary, from explosive vapors and corrosive acids to repairing nano bots.
- Hive – While primarily a defensive tool, the offensive version is called the “Wasp Hive,” where small drones are launched to cause devastating effects to targets within an area.
- Firefly –
- Seeker Mine – Once activated, this mine locks onto the closest enemy target in range and rolls along the ground in their direction, detonating when it gets close enough.
- Turret – The agent deploys a miniature automated turret mounted on a tripod that, after a short delay, becomes active and lays down bursts of weapons fire at the closest enemy target in view within range. Tapping the skill button once places the turret at the agent’s feet, or on a source of cover that they are using, and pressing and holding the skill button lets the agent throw the turret to a desired location.
- Ballistic Shield – Equips a portable Ballistic Shield that absorbs damage. The user can only use their sidearm while the shield is active
- Pulse – Sends out a scan across an area that reveals and highlights enemies.
- Main article: D.C. Factions
Players will encounter different factions and groups throughout the game. Each faction has types of enemies. Every faction has their own combat styles.
- Main article: D.C. Dark Zones
In Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, players have the ability to enter one of several Dark Zones. These are areas in the game with higher level enemies, rogue agents, but better loot than anywhere else in the game. While in a Dark Zone, the player may choose to go rogue for various reasons. This will enable PvP combat and have other players target you.
Players who had pre-ordered any edition gained access to the Private Beta, as well as the Capitol Defender Pack. The Capitol Defender Pack includes two in-game items, “The Lullaby” an exotic SPAS-12 Shotgun, and the Hazmat 2.0 Outfit. Full contents for each edition include:
- Standard Edition: includes the base game
- Gold Edition: includes the base game, with a 3-day early access to the game starting March 12, 2019 and the Year One Pass which comprises 7-day early access to all free Year One Episodes, exclusive customization items, additional activities and more.
- Digital Ultimate Edition: includes the base game, with a 3-day early access to the game starting March 12, 2019, the Year One Pass and 3 additional digital packs (Elite Agent Pack, Battleworn Secret Service Pack, First Responder Pack).
- Dark Zone Collector’s Edition includes:
- includes the base game, with a 3-day early access to the game starting March 12th, 2019 and additional digital content including the Battleworn Secret Service Pack.
- A 30cm-high 30cm-high Specialized Agent figurine[Flare Agent Status (11inch height)] of Heather Ward, a agent from the Division 2. (It can be assembled with the 25cm-high The Division 2 – Brian Johnson Figurine)
- Other high-end physical items including a Book of Lithographs, a selected Game Soundtrack and a Washington, D.C. map packed altogether in a premium box.
- Phoenix Shield Collector’s Edition was available for pre-order exclusively on the Ubisoft Store. It includes:
- includes the base game, with a 3-day early access to the game starting March 12, 2019, the Year One Pass and 3 additional digital packs (Elite Agent Pack, Battleworn Secret Service Pack, First Responder Pack).
- An Ubicollectibles© high-end sixth scale Articulated Figurine of Brian Johnson, an agent on active duty with equipment and gear.
- Other high-end physical items including a STEELBOOK© metal case (Ubisoft Store exclusive), a Book of Lithographs, a selected Game Soundtrack and a Washington, D.C. map.